Sunday 15 April 2018

Two galleons & a sloop meet at a fort

As we approached Keel Haul Fort to take on the skellies we noticed a galleon already docked and engaged in battle with those bony foes. We docked on the opposite side of the island and as I headed ashore to try’n form an alliance, Stacky A stayed with the ship as it was in need of repair due to the heavy cannon fire on our approach.

After taking down some skellies a pirate from the galleon shot me in the back sending me to the Ferry. It wasn’t long before he joined me there and sharply asked us to leave. I told him we just wanted to help and weren’t interested in the loot before returning to the land of the living.

It wasn’t long before I was back on the Ferry and again joined by a crew member from the galleon. He asked why we wouldn’t leave and once more I said we just wanted to help. He told me his crew would just keep killing us until we left. “Well we’re going to stay and fight” I told him which he responded with “well good luck with that!”

On returning to my ship we raised anchor and sailed around to their galleon. We opened fire and put several holes in their hull before I fired myself across to take down the crew. I quickly dispatched one before heading down below to take care or the pirate repairing the ship. The remaining two crew members were on the island but frantically swimming back to their ship.

The galleon was slowly sinking as they both boarded but with two against one I didn’t stand a chance. Meanwhile, Stacky A had acquired a gunpowder barrel and had swam under their ship. BOOM! The damage from the blast was enough to finish of the galleon and send it to the depths. Unfortunately our sloop had run aground and was soon following the galleon to the seabed.

Once we had a new ship we set sail back to Keel Haul Fort to continue the battle. The galleon had already arrived so we dock once again on the other side. I decided to give the galleon crew another chance to crew up and started to head over to their ship. As I ran across the island I heard the sound of cannons being fired. A second galleon had turned up and was tearing into the first galleon which was soon sinking to the depths again.

I was able to make contact with the second galleon and we formed an alliance to take down the fort. Working together we made light work of the waves of skellies and soon had to key for the vault door. Unfortunately the first galleon had returned in search of revenge. The captain of the second galleon decided to flee with the key and return later to collect the booty.

A full day (in game) passed and the first galleon was still giving chase. The captain of the second galleon has tried all his tricks to out run the chasing ship but to no avail. Stacky A and I tried to pitch our suggestions but they were not taken on and our presence on the ship was starting to feel un-welcomed.

While trying to think up a new plan, the captain of our ship made a directional mistake and soon the first galleon was alongside and opened fire. During the chaos I decided to take matters into my own hands. I grabbed the fort key and jumped overboard. It was a bit of a swim but I managed to make it to Sailor’s Knot Stronghold. I hid the key on the island and made my way to a waiting mermaid just of the shore.

On retuning to my sloop I made chase for the two galleons and it wasn’t long before I’d found them. I member of the second galleon jumped overboard as I tailed them and she climbed about my ship. We pulled away and went to collect the key while her ship distracted the chasing galleon. We collected the key but as we headed towards the fort to collect the booty they turned on us. Apparently their captain wasn’t too pleased with my plan.

Stacky A was still on the galleon but not for long, a blunderbuss to the back sent her to the Ferry. Unfortunately for them their crewmate on our sloop wasn’t as accurate and they, rather than me, were heading to the Ferry. It was clear our alliance was over.

The second galleon had managed to shake off the first galleon and were now on our tail. They caught up with us just north of Cannon Cove and boarded our ship. As we passed Lonely Isle two of them jumped ashore with the key and Stacky A gave chase. As I tried my best to keep our ship afloat while they peppered our sloop with cannonballs, their captain made his second directional mistake. He steered his ship right into some rocks.

As the galleon sunk to the depths two of their crewmates were left marooned on Lonely Isle alongside Stacky A and the fort key. I don’t think they knew what island they were on as they wanted us to come back for them in our sloop.  After which they would be able to determine the island and get their galleon to come get them. Playing dumb, Stacky A couldn’t remember what island they were on and when some skeletons finished off one of their crewmates she quickly grabbed the fort key then dropped it somewhere else on the island while the other crew member was occupied with another skellie. When asked what happened to the key Stacky A just said their other crewmate had it before he died. After that, Stacky A was finished off by a skellie herself, leaving their lone crew member on the island. We hoped the crew member wouldn’t find the key or that the Galleon would be able to re-locate the island.

I patched up our ship as Stacky A respawned and we returned to Lonely Isle. No one was on the island when we got there and after a bit of searching we grabbed the key, which had remained hidden in the sand.  With the key in our possession, we made a beeline for Keel Haul Fort. As we pulled up at the fort we scanned the horizon for ships, the coast was clear. We quickly loaded all the treasure onto our ship and made our way to Sanctuary Outpost for a well-earned payday.

As we sat in The George & Kraken enjoy a nice tankard of grog I couldn’t get the words from the first galleon out of my head “well good luck with that!” We both laughed and thought how things could have been so different if they’d just accepted our help.

No comments:

Post a Comment