Monday 9 April 2018

The Banana Snorkel

Today I discovered something new; bananas contain oxygen, who knew? Well not me or anyone on my crew for that matter!

We had discovered the location of a shipwreck and decided to search it for booty and supplies. The ship was pretty deep but I’ve been getting pretty good at holding my breath for long periods while under water.

Unfortunately my skills weren’t as honed as I’d thought and I started to run out of air. I was still in the shipwreck so wouldn’t make it to the surface in time. I don’t know why but I grabbed a banana I found on the ship and decided to eat it, I thought “this would be the last thing I ever eat”.

As I bit into the banana I got a rush of oxygen, it wasn’t a lot but enough to give me a few more seconds of life. I quickly grabbed more bananas that were floating in the ship and proceeded to consume them as I made my way to the surface.

As I breached the surface I could hear my crew yelling to me. As I was underwater for a long time they thought I may have drowned. On hearing this I yelled out “don’t worry, I have my Banana Snorkel”. They looked back at me confused until I explained what happened. This discovery means we can now dive deeper and spend longer searching those shipwrecks.

The Banana Snorkel was born and we never go swimming without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment